OSTIM Defence and Aviation Cluster (OSSA) was established on 1 July 2008 with the joint movement of the SMEs which stand out with their high competitive power and which produce goods or services in the defence and aviation sectors, as a result of the competitive analysis commissioned by the management of OSTIM Organized Industrial Zone for the main sectors in the region.
A significant portion of the turnover of our cluster-member SMEs consists of the revenues from the defence industry, or they are included in the cluster as the approved sub-suppliers of Aselsan, Havelsan, TAI, TEI, Roketsan, FNSS, Boeing, Sikorsky and similar main-industry companies. Our cluster has been growing and developing in a stable manner with new achievements each passing day at home and abroad.
OSSA is becoming stronger each passing day with such supportive entities as the Undersecretariat for Defence Industries, the Ministry of Economy, Chamber of Industry for Ankara, SASAD (Defence and Aerospace Industry Manufacturers Association), OSTIM (Middle East Industry and Trade Center), KOSGEB (Small and Medium Enterprises Development Organization), TTGV (Technology Development Foundation of Turkey), TÜBITAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey), ODEM (OSTIM Consultancy and Training Center), Metutech and THK University, and continues its activities with its qualified member-SMEs and more than 2600 personnel to support the activities aiming at increasing the local content in the Defence Industry and to enhance the competitive power of the Turkish Defence Industry in international markets.
As OSTIM Defence and Aviation Cluster, our goals are:
- To increase the share of local production in meeting the requirements of our army,
- To render defence-industry SMEs competitive in national and international markets,
- To become preferred sub-suppliers with increasing collaborations and developing capabilities,
- To open up to international markets with final products,
- To build regional competitive advantage with sectoral specialization,
- To make technology transfer to SMEs with academic studies and by working with universities,
- To build competitive advantage against foreign competitors with sub-suppliers equipped with developing capabilities.